Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Camo Party!

Yesterday I told you I would share some projects I created for my sister's baby shower! This artwork is actually a year old but I found it appropriate since Close to My Heart has introduced such a great Banner Campaign throughout the month of June!

My sister, Rachel asked for a camo theme so I strayed from my Close to My Heart Paper stash but refused to leave my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge unattended...it is a MUST HAVE!

I wanted to make a "Welcome" Banner to sit on top of the Cake so I cut my pennants from my Beloved Art Philospohy cartridge....it has multiple pennant shapes.  I cut the base scalloped pennants from Close to my Heart Cocoa Cardstock and the layering camo print were a simpler triangle pennant. I think they layered nicely.  I used Close to My Heart Chocolate Waxy Flax (this stuff is the BEST!) for the string and attached it to a couple small dowel rods.




Here it is on the Cake....Super Cute, right?!  My mom has owned her own baking business for over 35 years and she is well known around these parts for it! I told her "Messy Camo"...she said she doesn't do "messy" very well! 

My nephew's name is James Allen but he is called "Baby Jay" in remembrance of his Great Grandpa who passed before  he was born.




Here are the cupcake toppers I created...Did you know the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge also has multiple Medallion Shapes?! I cut the scalloped circles from Cocoa cardstock, cut a banner from Colonial White cardstock, and adhered a corrugated star from the Milepost Shapes assortment onto the front.

These attached nicely to regular toothpicks just by using a small bit of Liquid Glass. :)  



Disregard that horrible Cupcake plate....It was an oversight and I had to borrow one from a family member! (a girl is bound to forget SOMETHING, right?!) I did try to jazz it up a bit by covering the inside circles with the camo paper though...and when you need circles who better to get the job done...? Art Philosophy! :)




I had never given a shower before so I did some research online for game ideas, I stumbled onto the timeless candybar game and I made it into a matching game of sorts....I cut scalloped square cards from the Art Philosophy cartridge using desert sand cardstock, topped it with a cocoa cardstock layer and then cut my numbers from Bamboo and New England Ivy. I wish I would have taken more pictures of this game, in fact this is the only one I have and it was just a quick snap shot with my phone to show a friend while it was sitting in my office.  It was so cool and has been passed around for a few additional showers. :)



This  was my  Favorite  project  for  the  Shower!  I  created  a "Wishes for James" Treasure Box from the Close to My Heart My Creations Card Box!



I cut the scalloped cards in Chocolate cardstock from the Art Philosophy Cartridge and hand typed the sentiments on my computer and printed them on 8.5" X 11" Vellum sheets then trimmed to size.


Each guest was given a card to fill out, then they were returned to the box...they will serve as a wonderful keepsake for both  Jay and his parents. I also think this project was enjoyed by all. :)



I shared this yesterday but am sharing it again today as it is one of my favorite projects I've ever created. Here is the My Creations Mini Banner I created for my nephew, it was used as decoration during the baby shower but it now hanging on the wall of his nursery.


And No, I didn't trace/trim even a single pennant! Every shape in this banner has a coordinating cut on the 
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge! It was a SNAP to put together! The scalloped circles and font are also both cut from the AP cartridge.


Don't forget the June Special....for every $25 CTMH purchase (it must include 1 A-D sized stamp set) you will receive a FREE My Creations Mini Banner! And when I say FREE I mean TOTALLY FREE, they aren't charging tax or shipping for this freebie! :)  You can take advantage of this special as many times as you'd like ($50 order with 2 stamp sets = 2 free Mini Banners, $75 order with 3 stamp sets = 3 free Mini Banners, you get the point. )

I'm also carrying over my personally offered special...all $50 orders from my website (and by joining the "Banner June" Gathering) will qualify you to receive one of my Exclusive Pre-Cut Layout Kits FREE! Shipped right to your door!



I hope you enjoyed this post on some of my old Art Projects! I wish I would have thought to take photos of everything I created for the event! But Isn't it great knowing that our Close to My Heart products are valuable to us OUTSIDE of  Scrapbooking and cardmaking?! 

I also wanted to share one last picture of this little fella...my sweet nephew, Jay! This was bright and early one morning at our office while I was playing him  his daddy was out catching cattle).  He is the sweetest! :) 


I know he made you smile....now go have yourself a Great day! I'll see you tomorrow! :)

Blessings, Sus

2 comments:

  1. Awe, he's very cute. You did a wonderful job putting together all of the fun decorations and desserts for him. Happy Birthday to your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra, Thank you so much! It means so much to me!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete