Monday, August 26, 2013

Purse-uing a Little More Lola!

Did you roll your eyes at that one? :) I know, I don't know what to do with me either! 

Okay, I think I'm done with my obnoxious spiel from yesterday...Last night I spent over 5 hours playing with the crush books...(turning them into some KICK-BUTT Art...Holla!)...so I think it's out of my system for a while! :) 

BACK TO THE LOLA! How darling is this SUPER Quick and SUPER Simple little purse?


Thank you Cricut Art Philosophy once again! Ever notice that darling little 3-D bag on the cartridge? Okay, cute as it may be, there's ALWAYS room for some tweaking, right?! :) 


I cut my bag out at 5.5" (did you  know you can get 2 per 12X12 sheet at this size?...Thrifty!)  After scoring, folding, and adhering you'll see the perfect little baggie...now, to turn Mr. Baggie into the purse all you need to do is (wish I would have taken a photo of this step - sorry) fold the front and back sides together so the handles are touching each other...just like the brown paper grocery bags.  You will need to gently crease the edges (again, just like the brown grocery bags) to help it take shape.  Now, you will need some nice strong adhesive to hold this shape....:)  So, you've heard me plug away at the New Wearable Craft Jewelery line not too long ago.....right?! 


Well, they have created the greatest (sturdiest) adhesive for this line! I decided to give it a try for my purse and oh my Gosh! It was perfect! It is SUPER strong and easy as can be to cut to the right length and adhere right onto my project! 



I adorned the front of my purse with pieces from the Black Mini Medley Collection as well as the Laughing Lola Assortment Collection...They were Perfect! 



The Black Sequined ribbon was a bit tricky....I thought a while on how to best attach it to my purse and decided to give my "new favorite" adhesive a try for the job....SUCCESS! It worked perfectly! :)


I am learning that just because a product was created specifically for a particular use it doesn't mean it doesn't have a part to play in other areas! :) 

Also Remember, All $50 orders throughout the month of August will receive a FREE August Stamp of the Month from CTMH Corp! Just to sweeten the deal I created these DARLING (and perhaps a bit twisted) Chocolate Coffin Kits for you! Everyone qualifying for the Free Stamp of the Month will receive a couple of these shipped right from my studio to your doorstep! :)








I hope you enjoyed this short post! I'm so glad you joined me again today! :) 

Blessings, Sus

3 comments: